There are a few things I really like about running. But then, there are things I really hate about running. Hate.
1) The boredom of running the same route (when you must)
2) When you run through that little cloud of gnats you can’t see and get them in your mouth. And nose. And eyes.
3) Chafing. Enough Said.
4) Running in the dark.
5) When your running partner is in infinitely better shape than you. Stop running so fast. Stop being so happy.
6) Trying to do the mental math of pace/distance and figuring out exactly how many minutes you have to keep running.
7) Realizing halfway through your run that you don’t match. At all.
8) When I’m running so hard (go me) that snot runs down my face.
Otherwise, I really like running. But there are just some things…I could do without.